All Things Baked Potatoes
Idaho® Potatoes Bake Up Better
There’s no side dish more classic than a hot, steaming baked potato. And no potato bakes better than an Idaho® Potato.
The Idaho® Potato is grown and stored to produce a tuber with a high solids content. During baking, the starch grains swell and separate. A potato with small grains, such as a round red or white, will stay firm and waxy. But an Idaho® Russet Burbank or Norkotah variety with its large grains and high starch content will cook to a characteristically light, fluffy texture. In addition, Idaho® potatoes undergo less shrinkage than other potatoes giving improved yield and plate coverage.
The Best Dr. Potato Posts on Baked Potatoes:
- How To Prepare Baked / Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Baked Potato Bar for 150 People
- How do you cook a baked potato?
- The Best Way To Open A Baked Idaho® Potato
- Proper Baking Time for Potatoes
- Just Say NO to Wrapping Potatoes in Aluminum Foil
- How To Know When Your Baked Potato Is Done
- How to Make the Perfect Baked Potato
- What to do With Leftover Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- Keeping a Large Number of Idaho® Potatoes Hot for 8 Hours
- Poking Baked Potatoes
- Salt on the Exterior of a Baked Potato
- Does the Size of a Potato Matter?
- How Can I Keep Potatoes Warm Without Drying Them Out?
- Proper Way to Store Cooked Idaho Potatoes
- Wash and wrapping potatoes
- Baking Potatoes for a Large Group
- Pre-cooking Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- Fixing a Healthy Potato
- Using Plastic Wrap to Cook Potatoes?
- Ideal temperature for a baked potato
- The perfect baked potato to pair with a steak
- Baking 90 Count Potatoes For 250 People
- How To Re-Heat Baked Potatoes
- Cooking For Large Groups
- Why Did My Potato Burst In The Oven?
- How To Achieve The Most Perfect Baked Potato
- Keeping Potatoes Warm For An Extend Period Of Time For A Large Group
- Keeping Potatoes Warm After Baking
- Should I Poke My Baked Potatoes The Night Before Or Will They Turn Gray?
- What Temperature Can I Keep Baked Potatoes Warm At?
- What Is The Baking Time Of An Idaho® Potato At 250 Degrees?
- Should I Oil Idaho® Potatoes Before Baking?
- What Causes Soggy Baked Potatoes?
- What Is The Best Potato To Use For A Rosin Baked Potato?
- When Cooking Ten Pounds Of Baked Potatoes How Long Can I Store Them In The Refrigerator?
- How Do I Cook A Large Quantity Of Baked Potatoes In A Commercial Convection Oven?
- How Do You Bake Large Quantities Of Baked Potatoes?
- Topping My Baked Potato After The Butter What’s The Next Topping?
- Do You Have A Favorite Preparation Of Potatoes Right Now?
- How Long Should I Microwave 4 Russet Potatoes That Are Shrink Wrapped?
- Any Tips On Storing Potatoes At Home Once I Have Washed Them?