BBQ Chicken Baked Potato
Delicious baked russet Idaho® potatoes topped with slow cooker shredded BBQ chicken, cheddar cheese, sour cream and chives. A quick and easy lunch or dinner that can be made ahead of time!
Read MinShien's full post, including more photos, here.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 8 large russet Idaho® potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- Add chicken breast, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and liquid smoke to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3½ hours, or until chicken can be easily shredded.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash potatoes and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Shred chicken using a fork, stir, cover and cook on high for another 10 minutes.
- Cut potatoes into halves, then top with shredded BBQ chicken, cheddar cheese, sour cream and chives.
- Serve and enjoy!