Southwestern Baked Potatoes
Did you drool when you saw this baker featured in the Idaho Potato Commission’s Big Idaho Potato Truck television commercial? The folks on the set were very tempted to grab a fork a dive in! Baked potatoes are an all-American favorite and one of the best foods to serve as a side dish or meal. This recipe combines all your favorite southwestern flavors topped on a piping hot baker. Add any protein like chicken, beef, pulled pork or shrimp to create an awesome one-dish meal!
- 4 russet Idaho® potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Pierce potatoes about 5 times all over with a fork.
- Rub potatoes evenly with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together taco seasoning, corn, tomato, and bacon.
- Cut a slit into the tops of the warm baked potatoes. Fluff up the flesh with a fork.
- Divide the corn mixture between the four potatoes evenly.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, and chives. Serve immediately.