Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- 4 Idaho® baking potatoes
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⅓ cup shredded Colby-Jack Cheese, divided use
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound cooked ground beef (I seasoned mine with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Scrub potatoes until clean and dry them.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake one hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Lower oven temperature to 375° F.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise about ¾ of the way through, leaving them attached on the bottom. Scrape insides of potatoes with a spoon into a large mixing bowl. Add butter, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash together or whip with an electric mixer, depending on your desired texture.
- Spoon filling into potato shells and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss ground beef with barbecue sauce and spoon equally over potatoes. Sprinkle each potato with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings