Blue Cheese Double-Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- 4 Large Idaho® potatoes pierced with a fork
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Roquefort, Maytag, or other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Space the potatoes out on a baking sheet and bake until tender all the way through (internal temperature of 210° F.). about 1 hour. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Cut an X in the top of each potato and squeeze the potatoes gently to loosen the flesh. Scoop the centers out, leaving about a 1/4-inch wall all the way around.
- Lower the oven temperature to 400° F.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream and Roquefort over medium heat, stirring to blend. When incorporated and heated through, turn of the heat and quickly mix in the potato pulp. Mix in the butter, chives, Parmesan and pepper. Use this mixture to restuff the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes back on the baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through and browned.