Broccoli, Kale& Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
You can stuff anything into a potato! These spuds are full of healthy broccoli and kale and topped with melty mozzarella cheese.
- 4 large russet Idaho® potatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Scrub potatoes thoroughly. Prick each potato all over with a fork, and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt then place potatoes directly on the oven rack. Place a sheet pan on the rack below to catch any drips. Bake potatoes for 50-60 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the chopped broccoli and cook for 1 minute until broccoli turns bright green. Remove from boiling water and immediately submerge in ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is just wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, slice an opening in the top of each potato and carefully spoon out the inside. Place potato filling into a large bowl with sour cream and butter. Mash until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in broccoli and kale.
- Evenly refill each potato skin with prepared filling. Top each potato with a slice of cheese and bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and center is warmed through.