- 4 Idaho Potatoes (5.5 ounces each)
- sour cream
- grated cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Conventional Oven Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Wash and dry potatoes.
- With a fork or sharp knife, pierce each potato 2 or 3 times.
- Place on cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Microwave Method:
- Wash and dry potatoes. With a fork or sharp knife, pierce each potato 2 or 3 times.
- Place potatoes in a circle on a paper towel, leaving a 1-inch space between each potato.
- Cook on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork, turning once during cooking and removing any that are done after 15 minutes.
- Let potatoes stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.