Welcome to the Idaho Potato Commission recipe section.
With over 1562 recipes we know it can be hard to find your favorites again. That’s why now there’s an option at the top of the page to create an account and save recipes to your page so that you can find them again with just a click!
Ahhh...the classic Idaho baked potato. Us potato pros in Idaho have learned that in order to bake the perfect potato – light and fluffy inside and crispy on the outside – there are few important things you gotta do:
- Never bake your potato in foil. When you do that you trap in the moisture and end up steaming it. The result is a potato that’s moist and dense, not light and fluffy.
- Pierce your potato several times with a fork to allow moisture to escape.
- Rub the potato in olive and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- You can place the potato directly on the oven rack or on a baking sheet.
- Bake your potato at 425°F for about 60 minutes, turning the potato about every 20 minutes.
- How you open your potato is very important. With a fork pierce the top of the potato to make an X. Then with your hands push the ends of the potato inward so the potato ‘flowers’ and the steaming ‘meat’ of the potato rises out of the potato.
Now that you have the perfect baker, check out all our recipes for unique and delicious toppings!