Mexican Baked Potato
This healthy, vegan adaptable Mexican Baked Idaho® Potato can be made in an instant pot! Then top them with warm refried beans, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro and optional Vegan Avocado-Cilantro Sauce!
- 1 can refried beans, Mexican style
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 instant pot baked Idaho® Russet Potatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sour cream or vegan Avocado-Cilantro sauce
Vegan Avocado-Cilantro Sauce
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- ⅔ cups water, plus more as needed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ⅛ cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- cracked pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne or a few slices of jalapeño (optional, to taste)
- Heat the refried beans on the stove in a little pot. Season with salt and pepper. Add hot sauce for extra spicy.
- Split and fluff the baked potatoes, season with salt and pepper, a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Top instant pot baked Idaho® potatoes with the warm refried beans.
- Add sliced avocado, cilantro and sliced jalapeño.
- Add a few dollops of sour cream or vegan cilantro sauce. Enjoy!
- Place all Vegan Avocado-Cilantro ingredients into a blender, and blend until very smooth.