Instant Pot Baked Idaho® Potatoes
Make baked potatoes in ⅓ of the time! A simple fast recipe for fluffy delicious baked potatoes made in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker.
- 1 cup water
- 2 -4 extra large Idaho® Russet Potatoes (13-14 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Generous pinch salt
- Place 1 cup water in the bottom of the Instant pot or pressure cooker. Place a rack or steamer basket over the water (water level should be lower than the rack).
- Wash (or scrub if necessary) and pat dry the potatoes. Poke with a fork in 3-4 places.
- Rub each with a little oil (just enough to lightly coat) and salt generously.
- Place the potatoes in the steamer basket and set pressure cook setting to high. Pressure cook on high for 16 minutes. If your potatoes are larger than 14 ounces, pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for best results.
- To crisp the skin (optional) place them directly on the rack in a hot oven, convection oven or toaster oven for a few minutes.
NOTES: Make sure potatoes do not touch the water or they will get mushy instead of fluffy. Do not attempt to make this with out water- Pressure cookers need liquid to get pressurized.