Southwestern Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- 24 Idaho® Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup Plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup Prepared salsa
- 1 3/4 cup Green onions
- Black Bean Chili
- 3 cups Chopped onions
- 3/4 cup Sliced celery
- 2 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups Chopped red bell peppers
- 3 Tbsps Dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps Ground cumin
- 4 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 5 1/4 cups Canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 10 1/2 cups Canned black beans
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Molasses
- 4 1/2 cups Shredded cooked chicken breast (Cooked beef or pork may be substituted if desired)
- Scrub potatoes; dry and pierce with a fork. Bake at 425° F for 30-45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 210°F.
- To serve: Blossom each potato with a fork. Pour 3/4 cup Black Bean Chili over each potato. Top each with 1-tablespoon yogurt, 1-tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon green onions.
- Sauté onions, celery and garlic in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in peppers, herbs and spices. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Coarsely shop tomatoes. Stir tomatoes, tomato liquid, beans and molasses onion mixture.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken, cook 5 more minutes, or until chili is heated through.
Yield: 24 servings
Sodium: 72.5 mg
Fat: 4.02 g
Fiber: 13.3 g
Protein: 19.9 g
Cholesterol: 18.1 mg
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)