Southwestern Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- 24 Idaho® potatoes
- 1½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1½ cup prepared salsa
- 1¾ cup green onions
Black Bean Chili
- 3 cups chopped onions
- ¾ cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2¼ cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4¼ teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5¼ cups canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 10½ cups canned black beans
- 2½ tablespoons molasses
- 4½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast (cooked beef or pork may be substituted if desired)
- Scrub potatoes; dry and pierce with a fork. Bake at 425°F for 30-45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 210°F.
- To serve: Blossom each potato with a fork. Pour ¾ cup Black Bean Chili over each potato. Top each with 1-tablespoon yogurt, 1-tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon green onions.
- Sauté onions, celery and garlic in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in peppers, herbs and spices. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Coarsely shop tomatoes. Stir tomatoes, tomato liquid, beans and molasses onion mixture.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken, cook 5 more minutes, or until chili is heated through.
Yield: 24 servings