Smoked and Loaded Baked Idaho® Potatoes
Change it up this grilling season with these Smoked Loaded Baked Idaho® Potatoes and a fun toppings bar!
- 4 large russet Idaho® Potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 strips smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ onion, chopped
- ¼ red pepper chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat your smoker for 275°F and set woodchips per manufacturer's instructions.
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Pierce with a fork several times and place in the smoker, directly on the wire rack.
- Allow the potatoes to cook for 2 hours. Carefully remove and wrap in foil for another 30 minutes. The potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the potatoes from the smoker, unwrap from the foil, and arrange only a small heat safe tray. Pile on the bacon, beef, barbecue sauce and cheese. Slide back into the smoker and allow the cheese to melt, about another 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the smoker and arrange peppers, onions, and parsley for a topping bar. Allow the potatoes to cool 5 minutes before serving with desired toppings.
Other various toppings: sour cream, chili, chives, cheese sauce, taco meat, olives, black beans.