Basic Twice Baked Idaho® Potatoes
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional, for a softer-skinned potato)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ("light") sour cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Milk (as desired, for consistency)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Pierce potatoes with a fork several times. Rub potato skins with olive oil if a softer potato skin is desired. Bake potatoes directly on the middle oven rack for 50 - 60 minutes or until they yield to gentle pressure.
- While potatoes are still hot (use oven mitt to hold potato), cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the interior flesh of the potato into a medium-sized bowl, leaving a shell about 1/4-inch thick all around. Using a potato masher, mash the potato flesh.
- Add sour cream and seasonings and mash until smooth, adding a little milk if necessary to make a smooth consistency. Stir in add-ins as desired.
- Turn oven to 325° F. Using a spoon, gently fill the potato shells with the potato mixture, mounding it up high. Place filled potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until hot.
Yield: 8 Servings
Sodium: 87 mg
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg