Buckeye Twice-Baked Idaho® Potato
- 4 Idaho® potatoes (10 to 11 oz. each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons bacon, cooked and crumbled (3 to 4 slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat conventional oven to 425°F.
- Pierce tops of potatoes with fork several times. (Do not wrap in aluminum foil.)
- Bake potatoes on oven rack 60 to 70 minutes or until tender when pierced. (When using a convection oven, bake at 375°F for 55 minutes.)
- Remove from oven; cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Cut a thin slice off top of each potato. Using a teaspoon, scoop out center of each, leaving the shell. Add potato centers to cheese mixture.
- Using fork, break up potatoes and mix until well blended. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Position potatoes under broiler so that tops are 5 inches from heat source. Broil 4 to 6 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Turn off heat; close oven door and leave potatoes in oven for an additional 7 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Sodium: 632 mg
Fat: 28 g
Protein: 17 g
Cholesterol: 78 mg