Grilled Idaho® Potatoes
- 5 Idaho® Russet potatoes, well-scrubbed and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup canola oil
- toppings such as sour cream, salt, pepper or your favorite sauce
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill.
- Coat the potato halves in oil in a large bowl.
- Place potato halves cut side down over direct flame/heat on a 45 degree angle from grill grate.
- Check potatoes frequently for grill marks.
- Once marked well, rotate halves 45 degrees to create cross-hatch grill marks.
- Once marked well with cross-hatch marks, turn potatoes over so they are skin side down.
- Check potatoes frequently for darkening skin.
- Once skin is darkened to your satisfaction, move potatoes to indirect heat (cooler side of grill that's not over flame/heat).
- Close grill lid and "bake" potatoes until tender (20 - 30 minutes).
- Check with fork for tenderness.
- Serve with a bit of sour cream, salsa, your favorite sauce, or Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Yield: 10 servings
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)