Potato Pancake Batter:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes, optional (My preference Spiceology Korean Chili Flakes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper (freshly ground)
- 3/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup Idaho® potatoes, shredded, use mandolin or shredder
- 2 tbs scallions, optional
- 1 tbs fresh chopped jalapeno, optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, eggs, baking powder, salt, pepper and preferred seasoning or herbs then whisk in chicken stock until desired consistency (I prefer thin batter). Set aside bowl. (Note: can refrigerate batter in bowl, covered up to a week)
- In a separate large bowl, add shredded potato along with any desired fillings: jalapeno, scallions and salt and pepper.
- Pour in batter with pancake filling (mix) and stir until mix and batter are fully combined.
- In a medium, heavy, non-stick skillet or cast iron pour oil to cover bottom of skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter mix to desired size and cook until golden, flip to other side until golden
- Repeat until batter is gone
- Garnish as desired (I add a pinch of Gold Flakey Salt, dollop of sour cream, fresh scallions & grated cured egg yolk)
Yield: 4 pancakes
Matt Broussard, @acooknamedmatt