Smoked Potato Ribs
- 6 ounces Zatarain's corn flour
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons BBQ rub
- 1 each egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon BBQ spice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 each Idaho® potatoes (80 count)
- Smoke potatoes at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooked internal temperature of 210° F. Cool in refrigerator.
- Slice cooked potatoes and trim down the point of the wedge about halfway running lengthwise.
- Cut the potato quarter lengthwise creating a long narrow slightly curved strip. Flour, and batter and flour the wedges thoroughly and gently as not to break the strips.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees in canola oil for 3-4 minutes or until color is a rich golden brown. Remove from hot oil and drain for 30 seconds.
- Season thoroughly with your favorite dry BBQ rub and serve with barbecue sauce of your choice and sour cream. Garnish with fresh chopped chives.
Yield: 4 servings