Mediterranean Idaho® Potato Salad
- 5 quarts Idaho® potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, rehydrated and diced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook potatoes in salted water to cover until potatoes are tender but still firm, and drain.
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, herbs and lemon juice; mix well by hand (do not use blender).
- Lightly toss dressing with potatoes. Refrigerate 1-3 hours to allow flavors to develop.
- * If dry herbs are substituted for fresh, use half the amount listed in recipe. If desired, sprinkle feta or goat cheese over salad before serving.
- * If desired, frozen potatoes may be substituted for fresh potatoes. Follow manufacturer's instructions.