Idaho® Potatoes for Take-Out and Meal-Kit Menus
Change is Upon Us
COVID-19 is driving innovation and creativity within foodservice. These are unprecedented times and we're working to help operators adapt to the "new normal".
According to the International Foodservice Manufacturer's Association (IFMA) these are likely some new trends in foodservice.
- Simplified Menu – a "back to the basics" menu with reduced items
- Comfort Foods – customers turn to comfort foods when times are tough or uncertain
- Take-Out – even as in-restaurant dining reopens, capacities will be limited and some diners will continue to feel more comfortable eating at home. Take-out menus and online ordering will continue to drive sales as will take-out, delivery and curbside pickup.
- Expanded Hours – concepts that have in the past relied on a single daypart will expand their hours and extend meal opportunities
- Meal Kits – the ability for customers to eat their restaurant-favorite dishes at home with some assembly and/or cooking
- Versatile, High-Quality Ingredients – products that are high quality, but affordable, that can be used on menus a lot of different ways become the foundation of commercial kitchens
Idaho® Potatoes Fit the Bill
- No vegetable is more affordable, or versatile, than the Idaho® Potato.
- Potatoes support all meal opportunities – breakfast, lunch and dinner – in all positions – appetizers, side dishes and entrées.
- For when you want a plant-based dish, potatoes carry the plate.
- In a time when people are craving comfort food, potatoes are a perfect fit.
The recipes below hold well for take-out or reheat easily in meal kits. Use them as-is, or as inspiration for your own creations.
While fried food can be tricky to keep crispy for take-out, there are loads of other ways to include potatoes in your meals that thrive in to-go situations!
We've included a few recipes below to get you started and you can find more here.
Recipes for Meal-Kit Menus
Meal kits, finished with minimal prep and cooking at home, are the hot new trend! Add the Charred Fingerlings Yakitori to a dinner destined to be finished on the grill. Casseroles can easily be cooked ahead of time and reheated at home. Potato salads can chill in the fridge while the protein is cooked and are perfect for the summer season.
There are lots of delicious ways that Idaho® potatoes work beautifully in meal kits. Find a sampling below and get more ideas here.