Old Fashioned Hot German Potato Salad
- 4 medium Idaho® potatoes
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Boil potatoes in skins until tender when pierced with a fork. Peel while hot. Slice potatoes thinly.
- In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp and remove from skillet.
- In bacon drippings, brown the onion and celery.
- Stir in salt, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Add vinegar and water.
- Stir in sliced potatoes. As the sauce thickens, more water may be needed.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings
Capital University, Parkhurst Dining Services