- 9 large Idaho® russet potatoes (about 10 oz each), cut into lengthwise wedges
- 3 whole chickens (4-5 lbs each), cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Vegetable and olive oil for frying
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 24 oz chicken stock, lightly salted
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer on one or two sheet pans. Add water to barely cover bottom of pan. Cover pan with foil; bake 15 minutes until potatoes are partially cooked. Remove from oven.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Add equal amounts vegetable oil and olive oil to coat a deep, wide skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken skin side down, leaving space in the pan to add potatoes. Use multiple pans if needed. Brown chicken on one side, about 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; add enough potatoes proportionately to the number of chicken servings in the pan. Cook until second side of chicken is brown.
- Add garlic and place pan(s) in the oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165°F in center).
- Return pan to stove. Add the stock, wine and peas proportionately to the number of servings in the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned bits. Cook 5 minutes. Gradually add butter and stir until sauce is slightly reduced and creamy. Stir in parsley.