Loaded Hash Brown Packets
- 6 pounds frozen Idaho® hash brown potatoes
- Butter for hash browns
Tomato-Corn Filling (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic very thinly sliced
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved (about 3 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- Fried eggs
- Chimichurri sauce, prepared (recipe here)
- Per serving: Spread 8 ounces hash browns on a hot, buttered flat top. Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Cook with additional 2 tablespoons butter, turning until potatoes are cooked through and starting to brown.
- With the edge of a spatula, press/mold potatoes into a 4 x 8-inch rectangle, about ½-inch thick. Cook until the bottom of the potatoes is golden brown.
- Place about 1/3 cup tomato filling and 1 ounce (1/4 cup) queso fresco on one-half of the potatoes. Fold remaining half overfilling. Slide onto a serving plate. Top with a sunnyside-up fried egg and 2 tablespoons chimichurri sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly toast garlic, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and corn. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan several times until tomatoes just start to collapse and corn in lightly toasted. About 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm or reheat for serving.