Idaho® Potato And Trout Hash
- 4 Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 6 ounces smoked trout, skinned and shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, fried (to order)
- In large bowl, chop and mix potatoes, onion, bell peppers, green onion and oil. Add seasonings, mix well.
- Butter large sheet pan and spread hash mix evenly on pan. Roast in oven at 400° for 60 minutes. Stir hash 4 times over hour to prevent burning.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add hash mix and trout and fry, turning occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown and crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fried eggs and chopped chives and serve.