Idaho® Russet Potato and Litehouse® Ranch Pavé
Golden and crispy thin layers of Idaho® russet potatoes and creamy Litehouse® Ranch are topped with various flavorful combinations.
- ½ cup Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch sauce, see flavor combinations below
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 4” oven-proof baking dish/pan with parchment, leaving approximately 4-5” of overhang on all sides.
- Set the cut thickness on a mandolin or meat slicer to approximately 1/16 inch.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ranch, milk and flour. Slice the potatoes lengthwise directly into this mixture.
- Pour the potato slices and ranch mixture into the prepared baking dish. Important: make sure the mixture is evenly distributed in the pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a knife easily pierces the potatoes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before placing a similar-sized baking dish/pan on top, weighed down with heavy cans.
- Let settle for about 2 hours before removing the weights and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Invert pavé onto a cutting board and remove the parchment.
- Slice into the desired shape and sauté over high heat in a skillet or on a flat top with olive oil until golden on all sides.
- Season with kosher salt and top with desired toppings.
Classic Bacon and Litehouse Ranch – top griddled Idaho pavé with Litehouse Peppered Bacon Ranch sauce, Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon and chopped chives.
Litehouse Peppered Bacon Ranch Sauce Recipe: Mix 1 cup Litehouse Homestyle Ranch dressing with 3 strips of cooked, chopped bacon and 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper in a blender until smooth.
Ranchero Chicken – top griddled Idaho potato pavé with Litehouse Hatch Chile Ranch sauce, cheddar cheese, shredded chicken and herbs.
Litehouse Hatch Chile Sauce Recipe: Mix 4 cups Litehouse Homestyle Ranch dressing with 4 cups canned Hatch chiles, drained and minced, in a blender until smooth.
Ham n’ Cheese – top griddled Idaho potato pavé with Litehouse Parmesan and Roasted Garlic Ranch sauce, melted cheese, crispy prosciutto and fresh herbs.
Litehouse Parmesan & Garlic Ranch Sauce Recipe: Mix 1 cup Litehouse Homestyle Ranch dressing, 4 ounces roasted garlic and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese in a blender until smooth.