Idaho® Potato South African Curried Meatloaf (Bobotie)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup instant Idaho® mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk or almond milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon mild or hot curry powder
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten, divided
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion mixture, turkey, potatoes, 1/4 cup of milk, curry powder, one egg, raisins, almonds, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey mixture in the loaf pan and smooth the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk, egg, and salt. Pour the mixture over the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour or until the custard is set and the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160° F. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 6 servings
Sugar: 7 g
Sodium: 282 mg
Fat: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Carbs: 15 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 20 g
Cholesterol: 116 mg