Idaho® Potato and Lentil Salad
A light dinner or lunch perfect for hot summer days.
- 1 1/2 pounds red Idaho® potatoes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
For the dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Scrub the potatoes. Place potatoes whole in a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until tender, 12-15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Thinly slice the snap peas. In a large bowl combine peas, lentils, and radishes. Cut the potatoes in half and add them to the bowl. Stir in parsley and chives.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over potato mixture and toss until evenly coated. Chill and serve cold over a bed of salad greens.