Yellow Curry Idaho® Potato Bowl with Tofu
This vibrant yellow curry potato bowl is packed with vegetables and pan-fried tofu with a hint of honey. Pair it with a miso ginger dressing!
- 2 pounds Yukon Idaho® potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 12-ounce block of extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 6 cups baby spinach
Miso Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules (or a clove of garlic, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- sliced scallions
- chopped roasted peanuts
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange an oven rack to the center position. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Set baking sheet aside.
- Scrub the potatoes and dice them into 1/2-inch cubes. Place cubed potatoes into a large bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread potatoes over the baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 33 to 35 minutes, stirring them halfway. Once the potatoes are out of the oven, sprinkle the lime zest on top of the potatoes. Stir to combine the lime zest.
- Drain the tofu and wrap it around 2 layers of paper towels. Let the tofu sit for 15 minutes. Dice the tofu into small cubes.
- Heat a large pan with 2 tablespoons of canola oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu cubes to the pan and fry it for about 6 to 8 minutes, flipping the tofu to a different side every few minutes to brown it. Add the salt and honey to the pan. Stir everything to incorporate the seasonings. Turn off the heat.
- Peel the carrots. Make carrot ribbons with a vegetable peeler or grate them. Set carrots aside.
- Rinse and slice the peppers into thin strips. Set sliced peppers aside.
- Add all of the miso ginger dressing ingredients (except for the ginger) into a small bowl and stir until everything is incorporated. Add the ginger and stir until incorporated. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings, adding more miso, honey or a splash of olive oil, if you like.
- Build the bowls by filling it with baby spinach on the bottom. Top with some of the carrots, peppers, radishes, tofu and potatoes. Sprinkle some sliced scallions, chopped peanuts and pepper flakes, if you like. Serve with the miso ginger dressing.