Bacon-Wrapped Idaho® Potato Skewers
- 8 medium-sized Idaho® fingerling potatoes
- 1 package bacon (not thick-cut)
- 16 6-inch bamboo skewers
- Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place fingerlings in a pot, add water and cook until a knife can be inserted but potatoes are not too soft, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes. Cool.
- Slice fingerlings lengthwise in half.
- Lay bacon strips out on a plastic cutting board.
- Place half of a fingerling on top of a strip and roll bacon around potato so it spirals the length of the potato. Continue until all potatoes are wrapped and bacon is gone. If the bacon is extremely wide, slice it in half lengthwise.
- Place wrapped potatoes on a rack set on top of a half-sheet pan.
- Bake wrapped potatoes on the rack until the bacon is browned, about 20 minutes. Be careful when taking the tray out of the oven - the sheet pan will be filled with hot bacon grease.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, insert a skewer into each wrapped potato lengthwise.
- Just before serving, heat a griddle or grill. Cook until golden.
- Drizzle skewers with Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup and serve immediately.