Idaho® Potato Lovers Stuffing
- 2 pounds medium Idaho Potatoes
- 2 ribs celery washed and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons each: sage leaves, thyme
- 1 teaspoon each: oregano, dry mustard
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Optional: 4 - 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and chopped and/or 1/2 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- Scrub the potatoes and dice them into 1/2-inch cubes. Boil in salted water to cover them by 2 inches for 5 - 7 minutes or until crisp tender. Add chopped celery to boiling potatoes, then drain all in a colander.
- In a large bowl mix seasonings and bacon crumbles, if desired. Add well-drained potatoes.
- Top with almonds if desired
- Serve -- or place in baking dish, spray with oil and brown in the broiler for a few minutes.
Yield: 6 one-cup servings
Sodium: 61 mg
Protein: 11 g