Idaho® Potato Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Olives
- 24 Idaho® Yukon Gold Potato slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 12 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 12 slices fresh Mozzarella Ovallini (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced ¼ inch
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, diced ¼ inch
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced ¼ inch
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut chiffonade
- to taste kosher salt, coarse ground black pepper
- 4 cup baby arugula
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat convection oven to 350
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and smoked paprika in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes, mix well. Transfer to a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and roast an additional ten minutes, remove and drain, season with the rosemary. Reserve.
- Place the ingredients in a mixing bowl and fold together until thoroughly combined. Reserve.
- Place the sliced French bread on a sheet pan, brush with olive oil. Top each piece of bread with a slice of mozzarella. Place under the salamander to toast bread lightly and melt cheese.
- Top each piece of toast with two slices of potatoes.
- Divide arugula among four plates, top with three toasts. Spoon a liberal amount of topping over each toast. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Bon Appetit Management
Ft. Wayne, IN