Asiago Souffle Crimson Potatoes
- 50 Idaho®-grown Red Bliss potatoes
- 1 3/4 cups red onion (fine dice)
- 1 1/2 cups Asiago cheese (shredded)
- 4 1/2 cups mayonnaise (heavy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes. Cut off a small sliver on each end and cut in half so the halves stand up. Using a small melon baller scoop out a small circle in the middle of each potato.
- Steam or boil potatoes until al dente but not too soft.
- Shock in ice water to keep the skins intact. Let the potatoes dry upside down.
- For the filling, combine the onion, cheese, chilled mayo, salt and pepper. Spoon into a pastry bag with a large star tip big enough for the onion to come through.
- Line the cooled, dried potatoes upside down in a hotel pan and pipe enough filling to create a star on each potato.
- Bake at 375° F on a low fan convection oven for even cooking until filling soufflés up and is browned. Serve immediately.