Bake it Once...or Twice
Idaho is known for its big russet bakers, and boy do we have a collection to share with you! The beauty of an Idaho® potato is its versatility – it can be paired with just about any flavor or ingredient and always tastes superbly delicious! There are a few important tips from the experts you should know to make sure your potato always bakes to perfection:
• Depending on the size of your potatoes, bake them at 400°F for about 60 minutes or until tender.
• Never bake your potato in foil. The foil actually retains the moisture preventing the potato from reaching its light and fluffy potential.
• Prick the potatoes with a fork so they don’t burst while baking.
• Turn the potatoes over half-way though baking so they cook evenly.
• Avoid using a knife to open your potato. Instead use a fork and pierce the potato several times along the top. Grab each end of the potato and push it together so it “flowers.”
• Add all your favorite toppings and enjoy!