Samosa-Stuffed Idaho® Potatoes with Cilantro Chutney
INGREDIENTS: BAKED POTATOES
• 4 Idaho® Russet Potatoes (80 ct.)
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola/olive oil blend (80:20 ratio)
• ⅝ teaspoon kosher salt
• ⅜ teaspoon black pepper
INGREDIENTS: CILANTRO CHUTNEY
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
• 2 ⅝ teaspoons red onion, chopped
• 1½ teaspoons jalapeño pepper, chopped
• 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
• 1½ teaspoons water
• ⅜ teaspoon granulated sugar
• ⅜ teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
• ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
INGREDIENTS: STUFFED POTATOES
• 4 baked Idaho® Russet Potatoes (see recipe)
• 2 teaspoons canola/olive oil blend (80:20 ratio)
• ⅝ teaspoon cumin seeds
• 2¼ ounces yellow onion, diced into ¼-inch pieces
• 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
• ⅜ teaspoon turmeric, ground
• ⅝ teaspoon coriander, ground
• ⅜ teaspoon paprika
• ⅛ teaspoon cumin, ground
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
• 4 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 3 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
• 2 teaspoons butter solids
• 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• ¼ cup Cilantro Chutney (see recipe)
DIRECTIONS: BAKED POTATOES
1. Place potatoes in the sink. Cover with cool water and scrub clean. Drain.
2. Arrange the potatoes on a sheet pan. Coat with oil blend and season with the salt and pepper. Bake in a 400°F oven (375°F convection) for 60 to 70 minutes, until tender.
DIRECTIONS: CILANTRO CHUTNEY
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process to a purée. (This won't blend easily. You’ll need to stop and start the blender and stir the ingredients often to get the mixture to catch. You can add a bit more water to facilitate the process, but the flavor of the chutney will be milder.)
DIRECTIONS: STUFFED POTATOES
1. Once potatoes are cool enough to safely handle, slice the tops open lengthwise, from end to end, about halfway deep. Scoop out potato flesh and roughly chop. Reserve potato flesh in a bowl and place shells on oiled sheet pan.
2. In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and allow to crackle until fragrant, 20 to 30 seconds.
3. Add the onion, jalapeño, ginger and garlic and cook until onion has softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the turmeric and stir until the mixture is evenly yellow. Add the reserved potato flesh and cook until evenly coated yellow.
5. Add the coriander, paprika, ground cumin, salt and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add the chickpeas and peas and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Finish with the butter, cilantro and lemon juice.
8. Place one scoop (about 5.4 ounces) potato mixture into each potato shell. Heat in a 375°F standard oven (350°F convection) for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Drizzle 1 tablespoon Cilantro Chutney over each potato and serve.