- 12 cups of grated Idaho® potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 6 cups of grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- Additional cheese for topping if desired
- 24 ounces of salsa
- Wash potatoes. Leaving skins on, grate potatoes. Rinse grated potatoes in a colander with cold water. Dry thoroughly.
- Combine potatoes and oil. Cook potatoes in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Coat a 13 x 9 baking sheet with nonstick spray. Combine potatoes and cheese. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated 375°F oven for 20 minutes or until hash browns are golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and top with additional cheese if desired.
- Cut into 24 squares and serve with 1 ounce dollop of salsa.
Yield: 24 servings
Sodium: 250 mg
Fat: 3 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 3 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Judith Diane Davis
Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, NC