Refried Mashed Idaho® Potatoes with Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons BBQ dry rub
For BBQ Au Jus
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 cups yellow mustard
- 3 cups Louisiana hot sauce
For Refried Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
- 2 lbs leftover mashed Idaho® potatoes
- 2 cups cooked bacon, diced
- 1 cup caramelized Spanish onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced scallions
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the corn oil and liquid smoke together.
- Then rub the flavored oil over the tenderloin.
- Rub the dry rub into the meat.
- Flatten the tenderloin to 1/2-inch thickness between plastic wrap using meat mallet.
- Charcoal grill.
- Slice thin.
- Serve with BBQ au jus.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil using a heavy bottom sauce pot.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil until smoking.
- Add the caramelized onions and bacon.
- Add the potatoes and fry them turning often until they look the color of hash browns.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with scallions and cheddar cheese, before serving.