Garlic Mashed Idaho® Potato Pizza
- 4 each pizza dough, 9- to 11-ounce balls
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 cup garlic mashed Idaho® potatoes
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- 4 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 each active dry yeast, 1/4-ounce packet
- 2 teaspoons sugar, granulated
- 1 3/4 cup water, warm (100-110°F)
- 3 3/4 cups high-gluten flour
- 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus as needed
Garlic mashed Idaho® potatoes
- 4 pounds baby red Idaho® potatoes, skin-on, boiled
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup garlic, roasted, pureed
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Kosher salt
- Roll out each dough ball on a floured surface. Slide dough onto a floured sheet pan or pizza stone.
- Whip butter, salt, garlic and oregano in a food processor until well combined. Spread an even layer of garlic butter mixture onto each crust, to edges.
- Spread mashed potatoes onto each crust, creating a layer about 1/4-inch thick, reserving 1 inch of crust at edges. Sprinkle tomato, green onions and feta evenly among 4 pizzas.
- Bake pizzas in oven heated to 450 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes on a stone or 20 to 24 minutes on a sheet pan. Serve immediately.
- Note: For best results, make dough and mashed potatoes 1 day in advance.
- Combine yeast, sugar and water in a bowl and reserve for 5 minutes. Combine flours and salt in a separate bowl with dough hook, then pour olive oil on top. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and mix until dough pulls from sides of mixing bowl. Knead dough by hand on a moderately floured surface for about 15 seconds, then stop to allow dough to reshape. Repeat kneading process about 6 times. Split dough into 4 even balls, brush balls with olive oil, cover and reserve, refrigerated, for up to 2 days (at least 1 day for best result). For use, bring dough to room temperature for 10 minutes before rolling out for pizza.
- Combine all ingredients and mash by hand. Reserve, warm.