Potato Witch "Fingers"
Bring a little gruesomeness to your Halloween parties with these delicious Potato Witch "Fingers". Dunked in bloody ketchup, these delicious, yet simple, five-ingredient treats will bring a smile to all who feast!
- 1 large Idaho® Russet potato (13 ounces/376 grams), cooked, peeled, mashed
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 – 1½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 24 raw almonds, blanched and halved (for nails)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the almonds, and form a smooth dough.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a measuring spoon, scoop two teaspoons of the mashed potato dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball into a finger shape, shaping one end to a point for the nail to sit on.
- Place the shaped finger on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Using a knife, score knuckle lines on the finger, 3-4 lines below the nail area, and 3-4 lines towards the end of the finger.
- Place an almond half on the nail area.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400°F/200°C for 20-25 minutes, until the bottoms brown and crisp and the top is puffed and firm.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
The fingers can be shaped the day before and baked just before serving. Bring to room temperature before baking.