Two colors of Idaho® potatoes make this recipe for Potato Tacos as pretty as it is delicious. And being as it's vegan, it's a perfect solution for Meatless Monday or anytime you want a plant-based option.
- ½ pound Idaho® fingerling potatoes
- ½ pound Idaho® purple Peruvian potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ground chipotle powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
- ¾ cup guacamole (add canned chipotle chilies or chipotle powder to make spicy)
- Place potatoes in pot, cover with water and cook until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and cut into small cubes. (If skins of purple potatoes are tough, peel and then slice.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until transparent. Scoop the onions into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to the same pan. Add the cubed potatoes and cook until golden. Sprinkle a small amount of chipotle powder over the potatoes.
- Heat up a griddle or nonstick skillet and warm the corn tortillas.
- Assemble the tacos: Place a spoonful of the potato mixture in the middle of a tortilla. Top with roasted red pepper and shredded lettuce. Spoon or pipe guacamole on top.