French Potato Salad
This French Potato Salad is loaded up with fresh herbs – tarragon, parsley, and chives and dressed in the most flavorful Dijon vinaigrette. It’s vegan, with no mayo, and quick and easy to make. Healthy and light!
See Sylvia's full post, including more photos, here.
- 2 pounds fresh Idaho® potatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick (little, thin-skinned potatoes work best here)
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, roughly chopped (or sub ¼ cup dill or basil ribbons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (or sub green onions), minced
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large saucepan covered completely with cold water.
- Sprinkle in salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic and reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- While potatoes are simmering, make the vinaigrette by whisking together Dijon, vinegar, oil and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drain potatoes and garlic. Place potatoes mostly single layer on a baking sheet to cool.
- Mince the cooked garlic and add to the vinaigrette. Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over the warm potatoes. Let sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add to a serving bowl gently tossing with the chopped fresh herbs. Serve at room temp or refrigerate and chill.
This can be made ahead and chilled up to 4 days, but also really delicious served at room temp.