Nicoise-Style Potato Salad
- 4 red-skinned Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 2-inch segments
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ¼ cup nicoise or Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grainy mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the green beans to the pot along with the potatoes and cook 2 minutes, or until bright green. Drain.
- Transfer the potatoes and green beans to a large mixing bowl. Add the egg, shallot, and olives.
- In a small jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, and sea salt. Cover and hsake to combine. Pour over the potatoes and mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve. Adjust seasoning to taste.