PB & J Fries
- 4 Pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled
- Canola or rice bran for frying, as needed
- Salt, as needed
- Crushed peanuts, as needed
- Green onions, sliced, as needed
- Satay sauce** as needed
- Smoky raspberry jelly**as needed
- ¼ pound ginger
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 1/3 ounce onion
- 1 1/3 ounce garlic
- 3 1/3 ounce sweet soy sauce
- ¼ quart soy sauce
- ½ cup sesame oil
- ½ cup sambal oelek
- 4 ½ cups coconut milk
- ¼ quart lime juice
- 18 ounces natural peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1 pound raspberry jelly
- 1-2 ounces blackberry jelly
- 1 1/3 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Cut potatoes into 3/8 inch think sticks. Wash starches off. Blanch in oil between 325 degrees F and 350 degrees F, then fry to crisp at 375 degrees F. Place on sheet pan to cool a bit and season with salt. Garnish fries with crushed peanuts and green onions and serve with satay sauce and jelly.
- Blend ginger, cilantro, onion and garlic in a food processor. Add to stockpot. Add sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sambal oelek to stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk and lime juice and return to a boil.
- Turn off heat, the add peanut butter. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy. Reserve.
- Add jelly, lemon juice, and liquid smoke to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then stir in sugar.
- Blend well with immersion blender. Reserve.
Yield: 10 servings