- 2 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup linked sausage, cubed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 Corn Tortillas (see below)
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, fancy shredded
- ½ avocado, sliced
- as needed Special Roasted Salsa (see below) for serving
Corn Tortilla Ingredients:
- 1½ cups corn flour
- as needed water, warm
Special Roasted Salsa Ingredients:
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 clove garlic, large
- salt, to taste
- Boil the potatoes, adding a pinch of salt, until soft. Allow potatoes to cool, then peel and cut into cubes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- In a heated pan, add the oil and then the cubed potatoes. Cook potatoes for about 3 minutes over medium heat, until golden brown. Add the sausage and cook for about 2 minutes, until brown. Next, add the eggs to the pan with potatoes and sausage and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs. Turn heat off when eggs are cooked.
- Warm tortillas over the grill for a moment, then top with the eggs, potatoes and sausage. Garnish with onion, cilantro, cheese and a slice of avocado. Serve with salsa.
Corn Tortilla Directions:
- Using two resealable plastic bags, cut out plastic circles the size of your tortilla press and place one on top of the press and one on the bottom.
- Mix warm water with the corn flour; the mix should not be too hard or too soft, and it shouldn’t stick to your hand. You will know by touch when your mixture is ready.
- Roll the mixture into medium-size balls, depending on what size you want your tortillas. Place a ball in the middle of the bottom plastic circle on the tortilla press and press it closed.
- Heat up a comal over medium heat and spray it with canola oil to prevent sticking. Once a tortilla is pressed, place it on the comal and flip it back and forth until fully cooked.
Special Roasted Salsa Directions:
- Roast the tomatoes and jalapeños until they are charred.
- Place the garlic clove in a blender with one of the tomatoes and process until garlic is completely blended.
- Add the remaining tomatoes and the jalapeños and briefly blend, making sure that you do not liquefy the salsa. It should be chunky. Season with salt.