Idaho® Potato Lasagna
- 2 large 70-count Idaho® Potatoes, cleaned and sliced thinly (left in water)
- 1/2 log of goat cheese (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, roasted and smashed
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped fine, cooked, dried and cooled
- 1 shallot minced, sautéed and cooled
- 2 heaping tablespoons truffle shavings
- 3 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine in a bowl the mushrooms, truffle shavings, truffle oil, minced shallots and season to taste. In a non-reactive square oven-proof pan, spread 1 tablespoon butter and a touch of truffle oil to coat. In a saucepan, combine goat cheese, garlic and heavy cream. Melt cheese and keep slightly warm.
- Layer potatoes on bottom of pan. Spoon goat cheese mixture over all and add truffle mushroom mixture and layer again with potato. Alternate until all potatoes and mushroom mixture is used. Top with last of the goat cheese mixture.
- Cook in oven until golden brown on top (about 30-40 minutes). Cool to room temperature or colder. Cut out portions and reheat to order.
- The mushroom mixture looks like ground beef and the cheese mixture looks like ricotta cheese. Serve with Filet Mignon, Chicken, Lamb or your own special creation!