Idaho® Potato French Fries with Lime and Cilantro
- 4 pounds medium Idaho® potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- Canola oil for deep-frying, as needed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Using a french-fry cutter, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/3-inch by 1/3-inch strips. Place in cold water to prevent oxidization and to wash out excess starch.
- Blanch potatoes: Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potato strips; allow water to return to a full boil; cook 30 seconds more; drain. Place on lined cookie sheet; hold refrigerated. Combine garlic, lime juice and salt in small dish; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from refrigerator. Thoroughly pat dry. Deep-fry in 365ºF canola oil for 3 to 6 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Drain, then place in a stainless-steel bowl; reserve warm.
- Stir cilantro into garlic mixture. Add to fries, tossing to coat. Serve in a paper cone.