Easy Dutch Oven Idaho® Potato Chilaquiles Verdes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled, sliced into one-inch triangles
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup prepared Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Cotija cheese, optional
- Fried egg, optional
- Jalapeños, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- Place potatoes into a strainer and rinse under cold water. Pat the potatoes as dry as you can. Next, preheat a medium-sized Dutch oven to medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Put the potatoes into the Dutch oven and toss in the olive oil along with salt and pepper. Cover the potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove lid, stir, and continue to cook potatoes until crispy.
- Once the potatoes are crispy, remove the Dutch oven from the heat and add the tortilla chips, salsa, and mozzarella. Toss to combine. Garnish with fried egg, jalapenos, cilantro, and Cotija cheese if desired.