Crispy Sesame-Idaho® Potato Puffs
- 2 cups leftover Idaho® mashed potatoes, prepared from fresh or instant
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine potatoes and egg.
- Using a shallow baking dish, combine the panko crumbs, cheese, and sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small scoop or one tablespoon, form the potato mixture into 30 small balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place them in the panko mixture a few at a time. Gently turn to coat with the panko mixture and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until you’ve used all of the potato mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the puffs are lightly browned and firm to the touch.