Idaho® Mashed Potatoes
- Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft. Drain.
- Mash potatoes, sour cream, butter, and half and half together. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- For Bacon, Parsley & Garlic Idaho® Mashed Potatoes, add 1 cup rendered, diced bacon, 3/4 cup minced parsley, and 1 cup pureed roasted garlic.
Idaho® Potato Leek Croquettes
- Mix together all ingredients. Form into 4 oz. pancakes (approximately 24 cakes).
- To cook, dust each cake with flour, dip in egg wash and roll in bread crumbs.
Whole Scalloped Idaho® Potatoes and Garlic
- Place potatoes in baking dish.
- Pour cream over potatoes. Toss with garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes, uncovered, until tender.
Oven Roasted Idaho® Potatoes
- Cut 6 lbs of unpeeled, scrubbed Idaho® potatoes into chunks. Toss with 4 oz of butter, 4 oz olive oil, 1/2 bunch thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned on the outside. Remove thyme sprigs before serving.
Fresh Idaho® Potato Chips
- Scrub potatoes and slice very thinly on a mandolin. Soak slices in cold water, changing water every 20 minutes, or set under cold running water until water runs clear. Dry potatoes and fry at 350° F in peanut oil until golden, about 2-3 minutes.