Idaho® Potato Crusted Kahuku Prawns with Hawaiian Fruit Salsa
- Idaho® Potato Crusted Kahuku Prawns
- 20-16/20 Kahuku prawns
- 2 Idaho® potatoes, string cut with a thin root vegetable peeler
- To taste-fresh garlic
- To taste-herbs
- To taste-olive oil
- To taste-salt and pepper
- Hawaiian Fruit Salsa
- 1-Hawaiian papaya
- 1-Hawaiian mango
- 1-Hawaiian star fruit
- 1-Hawaiian dragon fruit
- 1-Hawaiian pineapple
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup olive oil
- To taste--salt and pepper
- ½ cup-Sweet Chili Sauce (Mae Ploy)
- Clean and devein the prawns leaving the head and tail on.
- Marinate the prawns in fresh garlic, herbs and olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap potato strings around the body of the prawns.
- Place in a fryer until golden brown.
- Remove with a strainer and place on wax paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Prepare a side of lemon linguine; roll with a fork and place on the upper part of the plate.
- Rest the fried Idaho® Potato Crusted Kahuku Prawns on the linguine.
- Garnish with Hawaiian Fruit Salsa.