Shrimp Stuffed Idaho® Potato Patties
- 2 cups prepared instant mashed Idaho Potatoes (follow package directions for four servings)
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs) or plain breadcrumbs
- 8 medium-sized, cooked shrimp, peeled and chopped (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese, diced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, chives and black pepper, stirring to mix well; set aside. Place panko or breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, toss together the shrimp and Swiss cheese. On a sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper, divide the shrimp and cheese filling mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Form potato mixture into patties using clean hands. Press one portion of the filling mixture into the center of each patty, shaping the potato patty to enclose the filling. Flatten patties slightly, being careful not to disturb the filling in the centers.
- Place patties, one at a time, into breadcrumbs, gently flip (using a spatula if necessary) to coat both sides of patties with crumbs. Place all patties on a plate; cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Warm oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook patties about 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Sodium: 571 mg
Fat: 13 g
Protein: 14 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg