Roasted Rosemary Idaho® Potato & Apple Salad
- 3 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 each Golden/Red Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard (optional)
- 8 ounces walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In a large bowl toss potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper; place on sheetpan and roast in 350°F convection oven 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and cool. Cover and chill.
- Wash, core and dice apples. Toss with potatoes in large bowl.
- In small bowl whisk together lemon juice or vinegar and mustard until smooth and pour over potato-apple mixture and toss to coat well. Cover and chill.
- Before serving, stir in walnuts and mix well. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a composed salad or platter salad (optional: serve on a bed of baby spinach).